Jon Ide of Ide Lawyers has extensive experience in criminal and traffic law and we focus solely on these areas.
We can appear for you in the Magistrates Courts, District Court and the Supreme Court.
We can prepare the following applications for you:
- Application to Remove Licence Disqualification
- Application for Special Hardship Order
- Application for Work Licence, also known as a Restricted Licence
Instructing Ide Lawyers to prepare the above applications may significantly improve the prospects of any of the above applications being granted. We are experienced in preparing these applications and can attest to our very high success rate for our clients.
We deal with a wide range of matters including the following:
- Drink Driving or Drug Driving, including the following charges:-
- Drive under the influence of alcohol or drug
- Driving while over the middle alcohol limit but not over the high alcohol limit
- Driving while over the general alcohol limit but not over the middle alcohol limit
- Driving while relevant drug is present in blood or saliva
- Driving over no alcohol limit but not over the general alcohol limit if particular type of driver or licence
- Dangerous Driving
- Dangerous Driving – Use of Mobile Phone Whilst Driving
- Drive Unlicensed (Demerit Point Suspension)
- Drive Unlicensed (SPER Suspension)
- Drive Whilst Disqualified
- Drive Without Due Care and Attention
- Driving of Motor Vehicle without a motor licence
- Fail to Stop Motor Vehicle
- Failure to Remain at Road Accident
- Hooning – Undue Smoke or Noise
We can assist you from your first dealings with the Police to the finalisation of your matters in Court.
We can assist in negotiations with Police Prosecutions (also known as case conferencing) to reduce or alter your charges, represent you in Court for Bail Applications, Mentions, Pleas of Guilty and Trials.
We offer fixed fees for most matters. In the event we cannot offer a fixed fee we will advise you of our hourly rate until such a time where we can advise you of a fixed fee to finalise your matter.
Ide Lawyers is a preferred supplier for Legal Aid Queensland. Please telephone us to discuss whether you are eligible for legal aid.
You can also refer to the Legal Aid Queensland website.
You may also telephone Legal Aid Queensland on their free call number 1300 651 188.
Please feel free to telephone us at any time on 3801 8758 or 0408 288 929 to discuss your matter further or to arrange an appointment for an initial consultation.
For information about criminal offences such as Unlawful Use Motor Vehicle, Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle causing Grievous Bodily Harm or Death, please refer to our Criminal Law page.